As my last day as a 27 year old *insert tears* I felt inspired to write about what I learned this year. 27 was one of the most eventful years of my life. With me celebrating year 27 in Miami what else did I expect?!?
27 provided me lots of ups and downs but it was a turning point year in my life, so I’m grateful for every lesson. So here are 27 lessons I learned this year.
1. Walking away is hard but staying will hurt you even more
2. Moving forward requires movement
3. Change is uncomfortable but necessary
4. God’s love is enough
5. Some stress is self inflicted
6. Wise counsel is needed
7. Age is nothing but a number and has no effect on maturity levels
8. Counseling is a necessary part of your wellness
9. Character is developed in difficult situations
10. It’s okay to love people from a distance
11. Prayer is not equivalent to abracadabra. God is not a genie.
12. Things happen for me not to me
13. Choosing happiness daily is important
14. Some people will never want to see you win or do better than them
15. Friend is an earned title
16. You have something to say, so speak up
17. Holding on hurts more than letting go
18. You can truly be happy to see your ex’s happy and thriving
19. Buying a house is exhausting but sooo rewarding
20. Don’t allow other people insecurities and fears to hold you back
21. Showing grace to others means allowing 1 car over in front of you. Even though they waited until the last minute to get over lol.
22. God’s opinion of me is the only one that matters. I seek to please only Him.
23. When you reach new levels the enemy tries to up his strategies. But like that State Farm commercial I tell him “you gotta be quicker than that”
24. Do what makes you happy.
25. God has me hidden for a reason. My worth is priceless and he is not just going to let anybody get close to his most precious gift.
26. Drink your water.
27. Get a wellness routine. Massages, facials, and pedicures are a necessity for your mental health.